Today I shall write in list format. Sometimes, it's best not to reach too high.
1. My youngest daughter turnes 12 in exactly one week. I love her to death. She has a lot of words. A. LOT. OF. WORDS.
2. Evelyn is entering an art competition. She is an amazing artist. This is an official art competition held by a city nearby. With adults.
3. Gunnar does this...
Often. It makes a momma nervous. He wants to buy a street bike. This makes a momma really nervous.
4. Bryce does this now.
Yes, that's my firstborn driving a fire truck. I'm sorry, lets pause a minute and contemplate that statement. My child. Driving. The Fire truck. Do you know what that means? Shortly, they will expect him to do stuff like run into burning buildings, and stand out on the interstate at accident sites...all stuff I've spent the majority of my life teaching him NOT to do. This all feels very wrong.
And yet, look. My baby's driving the fire truck!
5. I had the flu last week, for the first time in years. It was unpleasant. I wish to not repeat that experience. The flu kicked my butt.
6. We are in the process of selling our house. This is not a fun exercise. Turns out, when one sells a house, one has to occasionally show it. To strangers. And it needs to be clean. CLEAN!!!
7. It is very difficult to keep a house clean with this many people in it. And momma has the flu.
8. The guy at the junk yard where Gunnar went to get a part for his truck yesterday told him he thought it was great to see a young man doing something productive and working with his hands. I believe his exact words were... "Better to be working on stuff than smoking stuff." Well said, Junk Yard Man. Well said.
9. Dave got a new truck. It's a company truck, so technically it's not his. But he loves it anyway. It's a giant white Ford. It's manly. We now own 4 Fords. How strange is that?
10. I have a kid in Fire Academy. And another taking college classes. And another entering adult art shows....and a baby turning 12. Dude.