Tuesday, January 19, 2010

The Girl Who Went To Haiti



This is my freind Jessie and her husband John. Jessie is a sweet girl that I have known for many, many years. Her youngest brother and my oldest son are friends that have known each other since they were crawling around in the church nursery.

Jessie is an amazing woman. She is a RN, who has volunteered for disaster relief with Heart to Heart International for several disasters, the earthquake in China and the Tsunami to name a two. She's now in Haiti as is her husband, John.

I can not even imagine what she's seeing and experiencing. What I see on my TV overwhelms me, I can't imaging the feeling of actually being there, seeing all that NEED with my own two eyes.

Jessie has set up a blog to document her experience in Haiti. I am finding it very powerful and moving. It somehow seems more real to look at Haiti through Jessie's eyes than my own because I have no experience with which to filter the images I'm seeing.

Jessie does. She's done this before. She's an AMAZING young woman.

BTW, Heart to Heart needs all the help it can get to send Dr.'s and RN's to Haiti. One more good charity in need of funding if you find yourself so able.


1 comment:

cuponklipper said...

I guess I don't know you well enough to understand why you call your kids different names at different times...? I enjoyed your post!