Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Lollipops and Rainbows


It's a lot easier to be a blogger when life's all lollipops and rainbows. Unfortunately, we're fresh out of lollipops here on the Hilltop and we can't see the rainbows for all of the rain.

See? The above paragraph just proves my point. Whine, whine, whine. My husband has all but moved into his office, yet the paycheck gets smaller and smaller and smaller.

The kids keep breaking body parts, so every day is a new doctor bill. And I have discontinued my treatments for RA and SS (Rheumatoid Arthritis and Sjogren's Syndrome) because it was to expensive and it wasn't working anyway.

And, to top it all off, I'm teaching (and I SO use that term lightly) the dreaded algebra to Eve and Bob.

You know how Paul talks about how he's learned to be happy in plenty and in want? Well, apparently I'm more shallow that I thought because I'm having a hard time being happy in want. Being content was oh so much easier when we had some money left at the end of our month, and a nice little cushy savings account.

We set ourselves up so we were living way below our means with the plan of getting the house paid off in record time. Like by now. Then we could rent it out and move to a bigger house and not all be sitting on top of each other.

Sigh.

I think I'd better stop now. See blogging is way easier with the lollipops and rainbows.

I miss lollipops and rainbows...




2 comments:

Tonya said...

Hugs! Praying for you! He will send more lollipops soon!

Halfmoon Girl said...

Times like this are tough...sometimes those lollipops are too far apart, and so many things seem to go wrong in between! You "whined" (which you really didn't) so much more eloquently than I did in my post yesterday-you were very clever and witty with the whole lollipop/rainbow thing- I was just kinda pathetic.

and algebra? You deserve a truck full of candy, forget a lollipop!