Thursday, May 28, 2009

Home Again

Reentry is always hard. I feel like I have been drop-kicked back into my life. The laundry alone...ugh.

We did however, have a great time. It is so nice to get away. The campsite was pretty nice. Sadly the nearby lake was up 18 feet so the swimming area was closed. This was a bummer to the kids. Also the mosquitoes and gnats were everywhere! The mosquitoes would leave you alone if you were covered in head to toe DEET, but the gnats do not respect the DEET. DEET did not put them off one bit. I ate a lot of gnats I'm afraid.

Despite the bugs, it was beautiful.




Here are the men playing cards, a favorite past time of this crew. We were hiding from the bugs that evening in the RV. They hide their faces when they see my camera and Bob yells "Blogger alert!" Silly boys!



Yes I'm still here...you cannot hide from me.


This is one of my favorites of camping...

the men cooking breakfast.


YUM!

It was a great time...



I can't wait to do it again. Hopefully minus the gnats.




P.S. You'll be happy to know that Sir D did not ask anyone out the entire trip.

No comments: