Thursday, February 12, 2009

Hello, Roxanne!

My cordless house phone has started doing something odd. It has started picking up a local radio station. We’ve had this cordless house phone for many years and I don’t recall ever hearing the radio in the background before now. We’ve not had a recent installation of a radio tower next to our house so I am not quite sure why, all of a sudden, I’m hearing music from my phone.

Honestly, at first I didn’t catch it. I thought those I was talking too had music playing in the background. It’s not loud, but it’s definitely there. Then I realized it odd that everyone I had talked to in the last few days had been listening to music, and even stranger than that, they had all been listening to the same station.

That is when it dawned on me that it was probably my phone. I picked up when no one was on the other end of the line and sure enough, radio.

This has gone from slightly annoying to downright distracting lately. I think it’s getting louder, and the music selection leaves something to be desired.

I was having this very distracting conversation with my Mother in Law yesterday…

Hi, Tricia.

Roxanne! You don't have to put on the red light.

Hi MIL,

Those days are over you don't have to sell you body to the night.

So are your and Sir D going to K & E’s baptism this Sunday?

Roxanne! You don't have to wear that dress tonight.

OF course! We wouldn’t miss it!

Walk the streets for money you don't care if it's wrong or if it's right.

Oh, wonderful, do you think FIL and I could ride with you?

Roxanne! You don't have to put on the red light.

Sure.

I loved you since I knew you. I wouldn't talk down to you.

Are you staying for the lunch afterwards?

I have to tell you just how I feel; I won't share you with another boy.

Yes, but we’ll have to leave pretty quickly after the lunch because of AWANA.

I know my mind is made up, so put away your makeup.

Oh, yes, sure. That will work for us.

Told you once I won't tell you again, It's a bad way.

It is so exciting that K & E are getting baptized isn’t it?

ROOOOOXANNE! You don't have to put on the red light!

Um, yes it is. I can’t wait for Sunday.

ROOOOOXANNE! You don't have to put on the red light!

Are you okay? You sound a little distracted?

ROOOOOXANNE! You don't have to put on the red light!

Yeah, yeah, fine. We’ll see you on Sunday.

ROOOOOXANNE! You don't have to put on the red light!

Okay, well, bye now.

ROOOOOXANNE! You don't have to put on the red light!

Yeah, Bye.


Lawsey Mercy! I’ve got to get a new phone. That was downright disturbing.


No comments: