Monday, January 5, 2009

Calgon where are you?

We started some school today. So far, it is not going well. Bob and Will had to go off and do his pre-Op stuff. I stayed home to do school with the girls.

It seems that Eve has become a grumpy teenager who does not like most everything and Ann has forgotten everything she has ever learned pertaining to math.

Will left a great deal of Science Co Op homework (due on Thursday) for this week. He is going to be unable to get most of it done because of the whole one hand thing, not to mention the mind altering (they make him GRUMPY!) pain meds and surgery . I am having a hard time feeling sorry for him. Procrastination is a big issue for him.

I refuse to jump through hoops because he can’t get it together! (Can you tell this is an ongoing issue?) I keep trying to explain to him that when we continually run our lives with no margin built in, we seem to always be running in emergency mode.

Emergency mode exhausts me!

Bob lost many of his labs during the great computer swap we experienced over the holidays. These labs were supposed to be turned in to the same science teacher Will has. That is going to be a fun conversation.

Will’s surgery is tomorrow at 2. He can’t eat or drink anything after midnight tonight. I’m not sure how he’s going to take his pain medicine or antibiotic. I’m sure that is going to make him even grumpier.

I want a vacation.

I want to go to the Bahamas.

Oh, and to add insult to injury, today I was given some idea of how much this whole accident is going to cost...lets just say I could be sipping drinks from a coconut with an mini umbrella in it on a nice beach for about the same price.

1 comment:

brandy lindsey said...

I'm sorry that you are feeling so pulled in different directions. Hoping the rest of the week starts to look up a little. You are in my thoughts.