Monday, December 15, 2008

Expectations

I try to live by the old adage ‘if you don’t have anything nice to say, don’t say anything at all’, that is why ye olde bloggy is usually pretty upbeat.

Today, not so much.

It’s not that I have ugly things to convey, just not so happy things.

See, I have been in quite a bit of pain since Thanksgiving. My hands and wrists are swollen and painful, I’ve got a pretty good overall body ache going on and my feet and ankles hurt too. My knees hurt generally, and my right knee sends a shooting pain up my leg at irregular intervals. This makes it hard to walk, when you have to wonder with every step if your legs are going to hold you. So all those sewing Christmas projects I had in the works? Not going so well. Cooking? Shopping? Wrapping gifts? Yeah, none of that is getting done either.

It’s making me grumpy. I had great plans for how this holiday was going to be low stress. Relaxing. We were going to read and do crafts and bake and sew and generally have fun family time together. These plans did not include pain, grumpiness, and an overall inability to get anything done.

I can’t get into the Rheumatologist until the 24th so it will be after Christmas before I start feeling better (hopefully!).

I guess this is how Mary must have felt, having things so totally out of her control; not going at all like she envisioned. Riding for miles in a donkey, while in labor, only to give birth in a barn.

Something tells me Mary didn’t whine and complain. I have a lot to learn.


2 comments:

Halfmoon Girl said...

that's tough. Will pray for you!

Tonya said...

That's rotten. Any time you're in pain, it is SOOOOO hard to maintain a positive attitude about anything. Mary was young, she wasn't in pain, didn't worry about stuff - no reason to complain. :-)

I keep seeing a dvd in a natural magazine for fybromyalgia. (spelling?) What natural things have you done for it? I'm all into weird stuff (my hubby refers to me as a witch doctor at times). Just wondering if anything will help!