Sunday, September 28, 2008

Stink!

Not even the Yankee Candle Company can help me now.

We had approximately 5 different dinners last night at 5 different times. We do that sometimes, the whole, find-whatever-you-can kind of dinner. I don’t want my children to lose their ability to forage for food.

So I learned a lesson.

When you cook slightly off broccoli and cauliflower in one of those steamer bags, it will smell bad. Very bad. And it will permeate your whole house.

There is one thing that will get rid of that smell, however; burning pizza in the microwave on a Styrofoam plate. The smell of burning styrene is a smell like no other and will easily overpower the bad broccoli/cauliflower smell.

If you then try to get rid of the bad smells by lighting a gingerbread candle, you will just make it worse.

Trust me, there is nothing you can do at this point except open the windows and then go outside.

So this morning my house has the slight smell of stinky soccer shoes (why does that kid insist of leaving his sweaty/stinky soccer shoes in the living room after a game?) rotten broccoli, burnt styrene, and gingerbread.

Turns out, this is a great diet technique. I have no desire to eat breakfast.


No comments: