Thursday, September 18, 2008

Sadistic

There is something ironic, or perhaps sadistic about my library’s notification system.

I get an email every Friday telling me that the books I have requested are in and ready for me to pick up.

My branch is closed on Fridays.

They are emailing me to tell me that my books are sitting in that library under the little placard with my name on it (yes, I have my own spot at the library. I was taking up to much space on the Requests Shelf, so they gave me my own spot) and yet, I cannot go get them until tomorrow.

And the books that are there waiting for me, may or may not be the last two in the series about the people who may or may not be the eternally undead.

Humm, what to do?

Too bad Edward’s not real. I could have him zip in and grab them for me and no one would be the wiser.


No comments: