Friday, June 27, 2008

Why doesn’t God use e-mail?

I have some decisions to make about next year. I don’t know which way to go, which path to choose.

It is not really a moral issue. I am not considering taking up drug use or abandoning my family, I am just trying to figure out what is best for us all. In some ways moral issues are easier. We have those nice 10 commandments to help us out with those. You know, don’t steal, don’t kill, don’t want things that are not yours etc. Easy. Got it.

God, however, did not see fit to include specifics on how exactly to do certain things.

I’m a realist; (not to be confused with a pessimist) I know there is a downside to every choice. Every path is going to have some parts that are a bit hard to traverse. Every rose has its thorns (oops, sorry, 80’s rock ballad intrusion) the thing is, I could deal with the hard bits if I were certain the path I was one was the RIGHT one.

What I’d like is a nice little note from God. An e-mail would be fine; I don’t need an official letter, no one uses old fashioned mail anymore anyway, well except for bills.

I would like something like this…

My Beloved Daughter,

Please take the path to your immediate left. It is a bit rocky in places and occasionally steep, but it is the right path. It will take you where I want you to go. Do not deviate from this path.

Yours,
Heavenly Father

See? Simple. He can create the world in 6 days. He can move mountains. He can rise up and tear down nations at will. Why can’t He use email?


Tricia

3 comments:

justjuls said...

I agree completely!

SmockLady said...

ditto

(Hey, I use old fashioned mail still. I love it when I get a note in my post that was actually handwritten so why wouldn't anyone else.)

Unknown said...

He's still using dial-up. Mostly, He gets booted off-line before he can finish typing. You can try typing to Him. God@Gmail.com ;-)