Tuesday, May 6, 2008

We Don't Need No Stinkin' Safety Features.

The boys and Sir D have been working on our mower for a few evenings now. It is not working. Know what is working? Our grass's ability to grow very FAST.

With grass inching up ever so quickly and a non working mower, there was a since of urgency in getting it fixed.

At one point Sir D was just about to go buy a new one, but he had one more thing he wanted to try with the boys.

See the thing is, the boys have a mowing business and they need a working mower, so Sir D was working with them to fix it, or they were going to have to pitch in for a new one.

Last night at around 8:30 pm I heard a most joyous sound. The lawnmower running! Yippee!

When the boys came in the house with Sir D behind them, I told them I was really proud of them for sticking with it and fixing it! Then I asked how they did it.

Bob said, “We just had to disable most of the safety features and then we…” I stopped listening after the ‘disable safety features’ part. I looked at Sir D who smiled sheepishly.

I gave him the look.

He said “they’ll be fine.”

Just another typical day on the Hilltop.


Tonya said...

My grass really needs to be mowed. Can they come over and mow it?

Sandy said...

Boy, that sounds like my husband.

Halfmoon Girl said...

That's funny- hopefully, no one will get injured. How are you all feeling these days? Are you going to be well enough to go away?