Friday, April 11, 2008

They have WHAT?

Perhaps it is somewhat unwise to say things like For all that is good and holy, just BE SICK for goodness sake.’

It seems we have whooping cough around here. Yes you read that right; whooping Cough. Also known as Pertussis. That is one of those childhood diseases that we got our children immunized for.

Yeah, that worked well.

So back when I made this comment, ’It sounds like every person in my house has consumption, tuberculosis and a two pack a day smoking habit!’ it seems I was not too far off the mark. We have the only 1920’s illness I did not mention. Pertussis.

I do believe when I heard this, the words ‘You’ve got to be joking’ came out of my mouth.

I’m afraid it is no joke.

Shingles, head lice, (don’t ask, it was horrible) broken jaws, asthma attacks and now Whooping Cough.

Also in the last several weeks we’ve replaced a broken hot water heater, a broken dishwasher, fixed cars, had a car accident, replaced a couch and Sir D’s cell phone broke, and Sir D has taken on a new position that has him AWOL from home.

And did I mention my children have Pertussis?


UNCLE!

3 comments:

Halfmoon Girl said...

Aw man, that stinks! So, are you guys on lock down, or what do the health authorities do with a household full of whooping cough? That must be so tiring for you.

Tonya said...

I had that while pregnant with baby #2. VERY bad. Lost weight in the 3rd trimester, baby wasn't doing well, etc. Yuck, yuck yuck. I feel for you. Are you guys all on quarantine? I believe that after a round of antibiotics they are considered not contagious. Apparently it is a huge problem now, teenagers getting whooping cough even if they've been immunized. (Do they do boosters now?)

Happy Mommy said...

Wow! I am feeling for your whole family! I just prayed for you, and will continue to!