Thursday, April 10, 2008

Lawsey Mercy people. The coughing!

It sounds like every person in my house has consumption, tuberculosis and a two pack a day smoking habit!

And it’s been like this for weeks. They just cough and cough and cough. I’ve taken some of them to the doctor and he tells me they just have a little spring cold.

Spring cold my foot, they’re dying of consumption!

All night long; cough, cough, cough.

We have humidifiers running, which was really funny to me last night as the rain was coming down in sheets and we are using a handy dandy little machine to humidify our air. Brilliant! We have purchased enough cough drops to supply an army. We have propped them up, given them herbal, throat soothing teas, and NyQuil. Nothing will stop the incessant coughing! I’m about ready to try a hot toddy!

No one has fevers, no one has green snot, no one is even feeling all that bad other than a complaint of a raw throat now and them. It is that horrible sorta sick place.

For all that is good and holy, just BE SICK for goodness sake.

Or stop coughing. One or the other, please! It’s not so hard; be sick or be well.

But LORD HAVE MERCY, stop the coughing!


***If you're entering my blog on this page only, click refresh and go to the most recent posts. You'll see waht all the coughing was about***



3 comments:

Halfmoon Girl said...

Oh bother- those coughs can be so draining- especially at night. I have had great success with mixing some honey in a bit of warm water and having the kids drink that. My doc agreed and further suggested slicing up ginger root, boiling it, and drinking that as a tea with honey mixed in. If you haven't tried it, I would encourage you to do so. Hopefully this will end soon!

Melissa said...

I'm hearing lots these days about straight honey for coughs. Something like one Tablespoon in place of a dose of Robitussin. It might be worth a try. Of course, it's probably better if you have raw or all natural laying around, but anything's better than just coughing! I feel for you! :)

Lauren said...

My grandmother clued me in to a trick for coughing - before bed, rub Vick's VapoRub on the feet and then put on a pair of socks. This stops coughing for hours. It has worked well for my two little boys, at least!