Thursday, February 7, 2008

Who doesn't want to go to Venice?

Molly and Grandmother Goddess of the Garden have both tagged me for the Random Meme.

One is for 7 random things about me and the other is, share 5 places that I want to see or want to see.

I’ll start with the last one first as I have never been anywhere. Living in a missionary family (Sir D is an MK) and living near a missionary community, I feel like the oddball!

So here are five places I want to see....

1. Venice! I am dying to see Venice. I can’t imagine a city in the water. I really want to see it in person before it sinks completely into the sea.

2. A REAL ocean. The gulf coast does not count! (I’m trying to talk Sir D into taking me to Fiji for our 20th anniversary, so far no luck.)

3. The Grand Canyon. It is as American as apple pie. You have to see the Grand Canyon once in your life.

4. The Blue Ridge Mountains. My grandpa used to sing me a song about the Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia. I gotta see them someday.

5. And last but in no way least, the Jungles of Papua Guinea where Sir D’s parents completed a new testament translation and helped complete several others, all while their four boys were running amuck (I’m sure) in the jungle and loving every minute of it.

And now for the 7 random things…

1. I married my high school sweetheart and we’ve been married for over 17 years.

2. I feel like the rice crispy cereal when I move; snap, crackle, pop. Almost all my joints pop without any encouragement from me.

3. I’ve told very few people in my real life that I have this blog. I don’t know why, I’m a softy I guess and can’t stand criticism.

4. We already mailed in our taxes! (amazing how much we don’t procrastinate when we’re getting $ back)

5. I’m an INFJ in the Myers Briggs Personality test. Only 1% of the population is that combination which explains why I feel like such a freak! Kidding! Just Kidding! (about the freak part not the 1%, that is actually true)

6. I love quilts and am very thankful for an aunt who quilts and has supplied us with one for every bed!

7. Growing up I always wanted 2 boys and then 2 girls. Exactly what God gave me! Of course I also wanted a pony…still waiting on that one.

Now if you’d like to reveal random information out into cyber space for no apparent reason, consider yourself tagged! Come on do it; it’s fun!

No comments: