Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Oh, they do me proud!

Today was observation day at Scottish Rite, so I had to drive downtown and observe Ann’s teacher teaching her things I have never heard of. Did you know that the symbol over this  is called a circumflex? Yeah, me neither. That type of a is pronounced like the a sound in ball; it’s more of an O sound really. And yes this is a Dyslexia remediation class, not graduate level linguistics.

Then I came home to Will, who was so very excited and would barely let me get in the door before he just HAD to show me something. He had learned a new song at Guitar lessons yesterday and had been practicing it and was ready to perform it for me. He was so excited he could barely contain himself. So we all sat down and listened to him pick Mary Had A Little Lamb on his guitar.

What a strange day. My 8 year old is learning graduate level linguistics and my 16 year old is learning how to play Mary Had A Little Lamb.

And like the good Momma I am, I am equally proud of both of them.

No comments: