Thursday, February 7, 2008

It’s Meme day!

I’ll add another meme to my day. I like this one, it’s from Tonya. It’s the 123 Meme. Here is how to do it.

Pick up the nearest book of 123 pages or more
Find page 123
Find the first five sentences
Post the next three sentences

This is from Age of Opportunity: A Biblical Guide to Parenting Teens by Paul David Tripp

This book was the closest book to me when I read that I’d been tagged by Tonya. It is on my bedside table with the other 5 books that I planned to read for the Winter Reading Challenge; which I have totally and completely failed at. A true and abysmal failure, as I have not finished even one single book from my list.

The closest book to me right now while I type this is Will’s Algebra 2 book since I am currently grading his homework. NO ONE wants to hear what is on page 123 of that book!

So here I go, for your reading pleasure…

How important is it for us to take every opportunity God gives us to hold the mirror of the World in front of our teenagers so that they can begin to see themselves as the actually are! So often in the moments when their hearts are being revealed, our own anger and frustration cause us to beat them with words and mete out harsh punishments. We forget to function as God’s instruments, and then our anger only leaves our children more defensive, more closed and more self-deceived.

This book is kinda hard to read as a parent of teens who, you know, sometimes, on a very rare occasion gets a wee bit angry.

Tag! You’re it. Go forth throughout the internet and Meme.

No comments: