Monday, December 31, 2007

Good bye 07, hello 08...and Jed Clampett.

Here I sit in my flannel pants, thermal knit shirt, and fluffy socks watching Beverly Hillbillies with D who is comfortably installed in his favorite chair, waiting to ring in the New Year.

It’s going to be a New Years Eve to remember, or not.

I’ll be pleased just to make it to midnight awake.

I have spent some time today thinking about the last year. It has been rather uneventful except for one thing. My kids, they are weeds!

I know people sat this a lot, but it is like they have grown three years worth in the last year, the boys especially. They’re both young men now; taller than me. They were not taller than me last year. And E! She is turning into a young lady and not the chubby little toddler I want her to stay.

I don’t know when this happened, but suddenly my boys know lots of things I don’t, suddenly they can do things without me. It all started with the learners permit, then the purchase of the truck, then the license. Now those boys just go off and do stuff. They don’t need me to take them places anymore. I blinked, and they grew up.

I also started the blog this year. This has been fun. I have met many new friends, some even on other countries! How international of me.

We have also spent the last year paying down debt like there is no tomorrow. We are so close to being debt free! We’ll be completely out of debt sometime in 08, if all goes as planned. Wow! I can hardly believe it.

I pray 08 will see us grow closer to the Lord and closer to each other, and hopefully be full of blogging fodder!

So happy New Year to you all, enjoy your kiddos, and go check out my GIVE-AWAY. Only one day left!

Now please excuse me, Jed Clampett is waiting.

No comments: