Thursday, November 15, 2007

Solving Life’s Big Problems, One Flippant Comment at a Time.

Folks, it’s time for a Come To Jesus Meeting

Okay, not really, it is time for a poll. Is that offensive? Saying Come to Jesus meeting? My dh says this from time to time and he said it today to his boss. Well, not to his boss per say, but to his boss about someone else. Anyway, his boss said that comment was offensive and he should probably not be saying it.

They were out to lunch and it was just the two of them. His boss is also a Christian. My dh was surprised, so he called me and asked me if this is offensive in the way that racist comments are offensive, or is blasphemous, like taking the Lord’s name in vain, or is his boss just too sensitive?

So people, I need to know. What do you think? Help me out here...

3 comments:

Halfmoon Girl said...

I don't think it is offensive, but I don't know what it means.

Tonya said...

I have no clue! I think, technically, that it is misusing Christ's name. Would I take personal offense? No. But, since we are not to offend or cause others to stumble, etc, I think the right thing to do would be to not say it again. Or just mumble it under your breath. :-)

Hen Jen said...

you need a choice of -I can't imagine what it means, but it sounds funny, so no I'm not offended...