Monday, November 26, 2007

Monday Morning With Alvin

Deck the halls with something jolly,
Fa la la la la, la la la la!


This is what I woke up to this morning. It was being sung in a high pitch, at breakneck speed, by no less than three giggly girls, over and over and over...and repeatedly.

Remember Alvin and The Chipmunks from the late 70's early 80's? Yeah, like that.

They did this while they ran back in forth down the hallway for reasons still unclear to me.

I am pretty sure their tromping measured at least a 5.5 on the richter scale.

Folks, break is over. School starts back today.

The problem is that the teacher is still in bed in her robe because it's a Monday after a long holiday weekend.

If I could just get the singing to stop I could go back to sleep. But because it is such a catchy tune, G is whistling it now. This is funny because he has asked them to stop singing it several times. But now he is whistling it.

It is too early and, you know, too much Monday for all this...jolly.

Coffee, coffee is the answer. And Prayer.

3 comments:

Tonya said...

I like your new blog design! The colors are very wintery to me.

Kid crying in my lap! gotta run!

Family W said...

Prayer and coffee... Great combo! :) And, I love, love, LOVE, your blog design.... so pretty!

justjuls said...

One thing I struggle with is that we are all here because of immigration -
But even more upsetting to me is when Christians behave as if anything belongs to them - the world is the Lord's and everything in it.
I agree that there are processes - but at the same time - it smacks sometimes of my kids petty "I was sitting here first!"