Monday, November 26, 2007

Getting political here on the Hilltop.

I watched a TV news show yesterday all about the United States current immigration situation, and I just don’t get it. Why is this such a big issue? And let me tell you, when you live down here on the southern border, it is a HUGE issue. There is something on the news every night or in the paper every day.

Here is the thing. I can solve the whole issue, so President Bush here’s the deal. Ask any Elementary school teacher and they can tell you that it is just not nice to cut in line. If you cut in line, you go to the back.

See? Done.

If you are here illegally, you must go to the back of the line. You don’t have to go home entirely, but you don’t get full rights and privileges of a citizen of the US until everyone who is going through the process legally is done first.

If you want to come here…great! Get in line; we have a process by which people can become citizens of the US. Follow the Process.

If you are not currently in the US, and you decide to come here illegally after we have instituted the Tricia Policy, we’ll send you home.

I also don’t understand why those who have come here from Mexico are so upset about this. This is not about being Mexican. (I must digress here and tell you that my own sister is Mexican, her dad is from Mexico, she is my half sister, and she thinks the terms ‘Latino’ and ‘Hispanic’ are ridiculous. She is an American with a Mexican heritage. Her dad is Mexican. So I will use the terms Mexican and American)

This new Tricia Policy is equal no matter where you are wanting to come to America from; Mexico, China, Europe or even Canada.

We have rules; follow them and we’d love to have you. Weather you are from Mexico or Borneo. And if you are Mexican, don’t take it personally that we want all who come here to do it legally, it is not about where they come from, as much as it is about how they came here.

My Canadian friends, do you have immigration issues?

And tomorrow we’ll be tackling World Peace.

3 comments:

Hanley Family said...

I love the Tricia Policy! I elect you advisor to the president in immigration affairs.

Tricia said...

Thank you so much Dana, however I must humble decline the post of Presidential Advisor in Immigration Affairs as I can't even manage to get my children to play nice.

I imagine my chances of getting those in Washington to play nice are slim to none!

But thank you for your vote of confidence!

:o)

Halfmoon Girl said...

I am no expert on Canadian immigration- the thing that picks me big time about my country is that we allow immigrants to continue their customs here to the point of changing our laws and traditions. It makes for a country that has taken the whole melting pot idea to such an extreme that we don't seem to have Canadian traditions anymore. This has reminded me of something I want to post about in the next few days. I will spare you the rant here.