Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Beautiful

It has been a hard few weeks around the Hilltop. I haven’t blogged about it much because, well, who wants to read my whining?

I can’t go into it all, but suffice it to say others’ bad choices have vomited into our household. We have things to deal with weather we caused them or not, weather we want to or not. It is hard and I am tired.

I feel like my home has sorta been invaded and I am out of sorts.

I was at the store today and I saw all the pretty flowers in the floral section and I just looked at them for a while. God’s beauty. It just makes me feel better when I can take some time to reflect on Gods beauty. My house currently does not feel very beautiful, and a trip to the mountains or some equally beautiful place is not in the cards right now.

So I did this.


We don’t have a lot of extra $ right now so the big bouquet of red roses was out, but the little $5 Poinsettia plant and $5 sparkly pot were within my budget. I also bought this cinnamon scented candle.

I have to say that having something beautiful and something that smells pleasant can go a long way to restoring my attitude.



A little beauty goes a long way.

Thank you God for creating beauty.

3 comments:

justjuls said...

Oh wow - only 7 tries to post a comment - I don't know what's up with that!
If you want somebody to whine to - feel free to drop me a note -julientexas AT sbcglobal DOT net.

A little touch of beauty does do wonders - my snowflakes that my kids made were like that for me. I also relax a lot when scented candles are light - warm and glowing.

Praying your week gets better this weekend! :)

Hen Jen said...

you are right, little things like that can make a big difference.

Praying for your peace.

so, what was the story with the WalMart shoppers? I popped over to see if there was a story connected with your comment at my place, but I don't see it yet..I'll keep reading...

sending you wishes of a peaceful, fulfilling week..

blessings

Halfmoon Girl said...

That was a lovely thing to do for yourself!