Saturday, September 22, 2007

Yummy!

Just thought I should let all my many readers know that the recipe I posted about on Thursday, you know, the one that I put in the crock pot and neglected to plug in, was pretty darn good!

I went ahead and cooked it that night when I got home, then refrigerated the whole thing (my crock pot comes out and I can stick it in the fridge) then the next day about 2 hours before dinner I got it out and skimmed off the fat, then put it back in the crock pot to cook the rest of the way.

I think this made the au jus sauce even better because the fat from the meat had been skimmed off. It was easy, and a big hit around here. YIPPEE!!! I found a crock pot meal that does not make D run for the hills.

Here is one tip though. Use low sodium soy sauce. It was a bit on the salty side.
So there you are a good, easy crock pot meal that a manly man will like; just don’t forget to plug in the crock pot!

2 comments:

Halfmoon Girl said...

I am absolutely going to try that this week!

Tricia said...

Tell me how you like it!