Wednesday, August 1, 2007

A good Time Was Had By All!

Thank you for the birthday wishes. It was a nice day.

My kids outdid them selves this year. I did not get any orange fingernail polish!

B & G got me a bed tray. I used to have this pretty white, wicker one but A decided to use it as a chair and broke it. I have missed my little tray so I was glad to get another.

E got me some Starbucks because she knows how much I like coffee.

A got me a magnet. It is from a working gold mine we stopped at in CO. She knows I like to get a small magnet from every place we visit on a camping trip. I put them all on the vent a hood in the camper.

D got me a bike. It has been years since I’ve had a bike, and I decided I wanted one. It is a Schwinn. I really like it. It has that old fashioned look to it.

I rode it yesterday and learned two things. One, I have not used those bike riding muscles in a LONG time, and two, I won’t be spending much time outside on that bike for at least another six weeks.

It is just too darn hot to be outside here. It must be 150 degrees with 134% humidity, and y’all know I don’t exaggerate!

So, while I love my new bike, I’ll put it away until us Texans are a bit further away from the sun.

By the way, stay tuned. I have some homeschooling posts coming up. I have to stay close to my roots after all.

No comments: