Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Beware of Two Bored Girls.

I should really ground my kids more! They’re so creative when they can’t play with friends, go to the pool, get on the computer or watch tv.

They were disobedient today about cleaning there room. As in, every time I was not in their room with them, they were not cleaning it.

So I grounded them and amazingly, after that, they got it done pretty darn quick. Of course now they have lots of time on their hands and don’t want to play in their room because they don’t want to mess it up.

When they asked if they could play in the bath, I said sure. Because I’m naive and thought they were actually going to get in the bath and, you know, come out clean.

No that is not what they had in mind.

This is what they had in mind.

They took every piece of aluminum foil and plastic wrap in the house, and every Little Pet Shop in existence and made water cities.


They also made a HUGE mess of the bathroom.

Think I’m gonna stop them? NO WAY! They are quiet and getting along. I’ll just make them clean it up when they are done. That’ll take at least half a day. And we’ll start the cycle all over tomorrow.

Ahhh, summer.

3 comments:

KatieBug said...

How very creative of them!

Katie said...

One time I sent my boys into the play room to clean up and what did I find them doing? reading! Yeah, my non reading boys were doing it on their own. I think a little unstructured time is good for our kids! Us too!

Halfmoon Girl said...

that looks like fun! I really admire some of my kids more unconventional ideas.