Friday, June 1, 2007

My favorite thing about summer.

This is one of my favorite things about summer.



My girls will spend hours creating amazing designs with their sidewalk chalk. It is 7:45 AM and it was so quiet in the house I had to go investigate. This is where I found them.

They will probably do this for most of the morning, then all four kids will go to the neighborhood pool where all their friends are. The lifeguard is a very nice girl I knew when she was a baby (that is totally because she's young, not because I'm old!)
They will hang out there for most of the afternoon.

I love the slowness of summer. I love that my kids can just be, explore, and play.

I'm enjoying this last day before A and I have to get up early and head downtown. A is happy it's early, she'll be home by 10:30 so, as she said, she won't miss much summer. I however wish it were a bit later so I won't have to miss so much sleeping in!

I have decided to choose to Praise HIM about this Scottish Rite business. So every day, for a while, I'm going to read (and post) a praise verse.



Here's today's...
Psalm 52:9
I will praise you forever for what you have done; in your name I will hope, for your name is good. I will praise you in the presence of your saints.

No comments: