Friday, June 22, 2007

He took one to the chin!

Well, I knew it was inevitable that at some point one of my guys was going to hurt themselves on their motorbikes. They’ve been riding them since they could walk almost, but no one has ever hurt themselves. Okay, my husband has broken some ribs, but the boys have not so much as bruised themselves.

They went riding yesterday and my oldest son came home looking like he’d been in a bar fight and took one to the jaw! He is terribly swollen on the right side of his face and has lots of scratches there. I’m not sure what happened, nether is he, something about the wheel of the bike hitting an unexpected rut in the ground and the tire turned a way he was not expecting, consequently so did the handlebars, and one of the handlebars hit him square in the jaw, under his helmet. It was at just the perfect angle to get him in the jaw, under his helmet, with great force. Poor guy. He is quite miserable. He can’t eat and he is in quite a bit of pain.

We are a bit worried about his back tooth. He thinks it’s loose. It is so swollen right now that it is hard to see, but he thinks he felt it move and it hurts when he drinks, which I think means some of the root is exposed. UGH!

I’m not sure if I should call his ortho or not. I don’t think there is anything they can do until the swelling goes down. I don’t really want to call. I know I’m going to get that disapproving look from them that by son was on a motorcycle.

Please pray with me that he does not loose his tooth and feels better soon!

Just in case you were wondering…he WAS NOT doing that!!! He is really a careful boy and this is his first major wreck ever.

BTW, does anyone know if there is anything you can do for a damaged tooth to help it decide to not come out?

No comments: