Monday, June 25, 2007

Broken Jaw Update...

Actually, it's not much of an update. On Friday night they were ready to send us to Parkland via ambulance. Today no one seems to be in much of a hurry to do anything.

I called the only Dr in the universe that does jaws, promptly at 8am, and was told they don't even have their computers up yet and to please call back at 9am. I wanted to tell them all they had to do was hit the little red button on the tower, but I held my sarcasm in check.

When I called back at 9 I was told that the DR could not see him until Tuesday. I explained that the Dr had said we needed to be seen today, because, you know, the broken jaw, and everything. They were not impressed. He is in surgery and must have forgotten that he had a surgery when he told us, at midnight, without the benefit if his schedule in front of him, to come in on Monday.

So I pulled out the big guns and made them talk to D (My husband, heretofore known as D). No luck. Even deep voiced, formidable sounding D could not procure an appointment for us today.

So, what was an emergency worthy of an ambulance ride on Friday, is not even registering on the squeeze-us-in radar today.

I’ll let you know on Tuesday afternoon, how it went. If they are generous enough to see us.

1 comment:

Halfmoon Girl said...

That does seem strange...