Thursday, May 3, 2007

Where in the world are the responsible adults?

Would you like to see yet another reason why I homeschool?

Last year we heard that one of the Algebra teachers at our local high school (the one my son would have had were he in public school) was arrested for being a notorious seriel rapist in a neighboring city.

Now this. This is my school. This is where I went to school. This is where my kids would go to school. This is not local news, no this is national. This is what my little town gets on the map for.

After you watch an 11 second creepy ad for a new television show, you can see an ever more disturbing school fight. If you can get through the first few seconds, you'll hear an interview of a "responsible adult" not taking responsibility.

But let me tell you…the fight goes on and on and on. That is one of the reason it hit national news. Where in the world were the teachers to break up such actions.

Okay, so we have some bad days around this homeschool once in awhile. But now I am feeling pretty good about my choice to continue homeschooling my highschooler.

UGH, and again, where are the parents? Where are the teachers? Is anyone responsible for our youth anymore?

3 comments:

Halfmoon Girl said...

i have been reminding myself of why we homeschool too. Watching the news gives me lots of reasons!

Katie said...

Ditto what halfmoon girl said!!

Christy said...

Very disturbing.

We had a stabbing at my (and dh's) old high school last week. This is the high school we have a nephew at and in several years will have even more neices and nephews.

Again I say, VERY disturbing.