Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Fish Heads, Fish Heads, Rolly-Polly Fish Heads.



Have you ever seen a more disgusted look on anyone's face before?

We were camping last weekend and one of the kids with us caught a fish. A real fish. Not one of those measly things you have to put back in the water. This was a real catfish at least "this" big.

So, naturally the boys’ dad cut it up to cook. This was a certified cookable fish after all.

Well, all the girls screamed at the first show of guts. Not only screamed, but ran away screaming. Not my Annika, no she stayed for the whole sorted thing. She never once screamed. I did hear many exclamations like "eeeeew", "gross", "disgusting", and "revolting". She really has quite a vocabulary when it comes to exclamations of disgust.

But she stayed. The whole time. She did not scream. She did not run away. She did not cry. What a girl I have!

I only know these things because she told me. I was running away and screaming.

Because, seriously, it was gross!

No comments: