Thursday, March 22, 2007

Some Days You're The Hook, Some Days You're The Worm!

My son took this photo while we were camping. It sums up what I feel like today. I'm the worm...and what's worse? I put myself on the hook.



I had many things I needed to do today. Much laundry to do, clothes to go through, school to accomplish, etc. But first I thought I'd bee a good wife and make dh breakfast. I made him scrambled eggs and sausage patties. I thought I'd throw my own sausage patties in the same pan, save dishes and all that. Well, that is where things went awry. I am allergic to eggs. It is not a terrible allergy, I can have some egg, just not a lot. I figured I'd just keep the sausage and the eggs separate. Turns out that is quiet a bit harder than it sounds. But, I figured it'd be okay. So I ate my sausage....

30 min later I was SICK! I will spare you all the gory details (there are many) but needless to say I will NEVER, cook, clean up, or in any way ingest eggs again.

It really sapped my strength and left me very shaky and week for the rest of the day. It is almost 5 and I am finally starting to feel normal. UGH!

Why, oh why do I do these things to myself? How many times do I have to make myself sick before I start to take this allergy seriously? I would NEVER have made anything near milk for my dd. I take her allergy very seriously, buy my own. OH no. Lets just save a dish and be sick all day.

Well, apparently I'm a slow learner! :o)

No comments: