Thursday, March 29, 2007

Scary-me or Me?

Okay, didn't get to the shoes today...but soon...tomorrow. Definitely tomorrow.

Today is co op day. As I have stated several times, co op makes me tired. I read Another Celebrated Dancing Bear to my little kids. They liked it. It is a cute story, but really, it's the illustrations that are amazing. I could sit and look at them for hours. However, my kindergartners don't like to gaze at beautiful illustrations pondering the depth of the God given talent of the artist. They want me to turn the page and stop talking about the pictures. Sometimes I think picture books are wasted on little kids.

I am happy to say that next year's co op is looking up. When asked to teach my classes again, I agreed...with one caveat. I WILL NOT teach a first hour class. The administration will not allow me to show up in my pj's with my hair still sporting pillow dents, with my coffee IV. Because of the rigidity of the policies at my co op, I am precluding myself from first hour classes. Well, I am happy to report, I will be teaching 2nd and 3rd hour classes. OH HAPPY DAY! I don't have to be at co op until 9:30. By 9:30 I can handle life. I am me...not the scary-me who emerges from my bed. I don't know when the change happens, I think it is sometime around the second cup of coffee, but I turn from scary-me into me. I can be me by 9:30. I have learned this year that trying to be me by 8:30 is pushing it. Even one day a week.

Scary-me

No comments: