Monday, February 19, 2007

Well, the inevitable happened, got into a fender bender in the 12 pass van.

My ENORMOUS Van
My ENORMOUS Van sporting Jetta paint

I was on my way to pick up our veggies this morning (were in a veggie co op) and as I was changing lanes in our ENOURMOUS van, I heard a bang. Sure enough there was an itty bitty little black jetta pulling over I pulled over at the next side street and the jetta followed. I got out of the car praying I was safe. I'm all alone, not so nice area of town, you get the picture...anyway it was a middle aged Hispanic lady, smaller than me Imagine my relief!


We exchanged info, She had a small dent above her drivers side front wheel. My car is only sporting a little black jetta paint. She did make comments that troubled me about possibly messing up the alignment I am kicking myself for not taking a photo, I had the camera in the car! I just didn't think about it. I have a friend whose dh has a disposable camera in the glove box of every car they own for that very purpose. I can't believe I forgot. Dh said it will probably be cheaper to pay out of pocket to fix their car than go through ins. Our deductible is $500 There went the new bunk beds for the boys


Still can't believe I did it. That van is just so huge and even though I checked the mirrors, I didn't see her. Apparently my blind spot is jetta-sized.


Please pray with me that they don't try to make more if this than it is. She seamed like a nice lady but you never know. We are completely willing to fix it. It was my fault after all. But I don't want to get taken KWIM. I am praying they are fair.UHG! What a morning, I am still shaking. I've never been in an accident before.

No comments: