Monday, February 19, 2007

Well, I have entered the world of blogging...
I am a homeschooling mother of 4. My oldest son B, is 15, next comes G at 12, then we have E who is 9 and last but never least is A, the baby, at 8.
They all keep me pretty busy. We have been homeschooling for 9 years. B went to a private Kindergarten, then he began homeschooling. I did have some help with him because I had babies at home. I started homeschooling all by myself when it was time for G to start Kindergarten, and we have been doing it ever sense.
We have had some ups and downs like I expect everyone has. My oldest struggles in math, my 2nd is dyslexic, and I suspect my youngest is as well, although we have not had her tested yet. Only my third seems to be academically inclined.
We spent 2 years going back and forth, daily, to the Scottish Rite Dyslexia Lab School for G, and I won't be surprised if we have to do it again for A.
We are involved in a Homeschooling Co op where the kids take classes and I teach 2 Children's Literature classes.
My oldest is also being tutored in algebra (God Bless that woman!) and that has helped lighten my load.
We also participate in AWANA as a family. My dh is a Director for the Pioneers, and I am his secretary, and our oldest is an LIT for our group and the kids participate in their various programs.
Well, there you have it, the introduction to my family and my blog. I hope you enjoyed meeting us. I think this blogging thing will be fun!

No comments: